Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Charge to the EAPS Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
The aim of the EAPS Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee (DEIC) is to envision, coordinate and accelerate action toward making EAPS a place where people of all backgrounds and identities feel welcomed and supported and are treated with respect, and where our exploration of Earth and other planets is informed by and mindful of a wide range of perspectives and lived experiences.
The EAPS DEIC will:
- Identify priorities, goals, action plans and resources required for EAPS action on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), including recruitment, retention, well-being and achievement of members of underrepresented groups across all levels of EAPS; inclusion and representation in the department’s research, education, and administration; and K-16 outreach efforts aimed at broadening representation in Earth science.
- Engage in regular reflection and learning to continue to build a deeper understanding of how to best build DEI into our department's practices and culture.
- Ensure coordination and communication of DEI and outreach efforts across the department, School and Institute.
- Regularly share its work with and seek input from the EAPS community; measure and communicate progress toward goals.
- EmmaLee Pallai, DEI Officer, Co-Chair
- David McGee, Associate Department Head, Co-Chair
- Junior Faculty representative
- Administrative staff representative
- Research staff representative
- Undergraduate student representative
- Graduate student representative
- Postdoctoral staff representative