Code of Conduct
All members of the department are expected to:
- Work towards a supportive and equitable work environment that includes and attracts people from all backgrounds.
- Treat others with respect and equal consideration, especially those for whom one is in a supervisory role.
- Respect all ethnicities, cultures and experiences and avoid actions or speech that make others uncomfortable.
- Communicate openly with respect for others, critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination will not be tolerated. Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to:
- Negative or inappropriate verbal or written comments related to race, gender, sexual orientation, physical appearance, religion or similar.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images.
- Threatening, harassing or stalking any member of the MIT community.