Robert van der Hilst
Schlumberger Professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences & Head of Dept. of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences
Email hilst [at] mit [dot] edu
Office 54-522 | 54-918
Ph.D.(1990), Utrecht University
- Mantle Structure, Composition, and Dynamics.
- (Hydrocarbon) Reservoir imaging and monitoring.
- Multi-scale seismic imaging of Earth's interior (seismic tomography; inverse scattering methodologies; seismic anisotropy).
- Deep mantle interfaces (e.g., transition zone discontinuities, core mantle boundary region).
- Seismic structure of continental upper mantle of the Asia and and North America (with dense receiver arrays, such as USArray/Earthscope).